If you’ve been suffering from a bad chronic toothache, this could be a sign that the nerve of your tooth is infected. An infected tooth can cause serious and damaging consequences to your overall health. Before root therapy, a toothache like this could mean the end of your tooth. At San Tan Valley Smiles, we can save your tooth and abate your toothache with a root canal procedure. Call to make an appointment if you’re in the Florence, San Tan, or Queen Creek area.
Our dentists perform root canals because root canals come with many benefits including:
- Root canals can save teeth that have infected pulp.
- Root canals can clean and disinfect teeth that have become infected.
- Root canals can protect teeth.
- Root canals can end a bad toothache caused by tooth infection.
Root canals are safe and effective. The removal of the bad pulp allows you to keep your tooth longer. Our root canals are capped with a crown to protect the root of the tooth so that your tooth can continue to last throughout your lifetime. Root canals can provide much needed relief to serious, painful toothaches. The root canal procedure can be completed in a couple of appointments.
When patients come in for root canals, the procedure goes as follows:
- First, your dentist will remove the infected pulp from your tooth.
- Next, your dentist will clean and disinfect the space to rid it of any harmful bacteria.
- When the area is clean, your dentist will fill the space with an antibiotic medicine, before he seals the area.
If you are suffering from a serious toothache, and your mouth feels swollen, this could be the sign of a serious problem. At San Tan Valley Smiles we want to end your toothache and protect your oral health. We perform professional, safe, and effective root canals. Don’t let your toothache stop you from enjoying life. Come in today, or call if you have any questions about root canals or what to do if you have a chronic toothache.